Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hot Damn! Monif C's Holiday Line

I know it seems a little early to be thinking of holiday glitz and glam, but for it's never too early to drool over it.  You may be thinking, "When do I need a dress this formal?" or "I already own enough dresses." Nonsense!!
When you find something luxurious and sexy, get it while you can because you may never find something like it again. Admittedly, I have a problem. I am a dress-a-holic. I own more than I know what to do with but that never seems to stop me. If I find one that looks incredible, I get it and sometime even throw a black tie party for New Years in order to revel in that glamour. Holiday dressing with rich fabrics, long lengths, and sequins will make you feel undeniably special and that, my foxy ladies, is priceless.

 Monif C unveiled their Sex and The City inspired holiday cocktail dresses today and it made me swoon enough to maybe pre-order something. I also loved the way Monif C displays the collection. This model in the sequin dress signifies everything I am trying to accomplish with Foxy Roxy: a strong, sexy, diva, glamazon attitude no matter what the scale says.  Named after Samantha Jones, it embodies her signature "F**k you, I'm Fabulous!" persona.

"Samantha" sequin dress, $268
"Miranda", $208
The asymmetrical-hem and V-neck of the "Miranda" gown will show a peek of sexy leg while still being bra-friendly. I love the shape of this gown so much that I think I have to get it and maybe find ways to dress it down with a wide belt and boots.

The "Carrie" dress is awesome and reminds me of her famous "corsage" dress from the first movie poster. Sadly, I rarely look good in ruffles but I am going to go try it on. The one-strap on the side, again, means bra-friendly and a tulip skirt will cover any damage those holiday meals did to your waistline.

Last but not least is the "Charlotte" dress. It is exactly what you'd want from Charlotte York. Classic and sophisticated, but when you fill it out with your sexy curves, it turns into pin-up-meets-Park Avenue. A wonderful combo for corporate holiday parties or grown-up dates at Lincoln Center with your man.
"Charlotte", $238
"Carrie", $228
 Thank you Monif C for bringing us fashion-crazed curvy chicks some silver-screen Sex and The City style! What a luscious line!! Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment