Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Beauty Review: Minx nails and Lash extensions. Get Gaga-worthy for under $75.

I have seen people like Katy Perry and Rihanna sporting insane manicure with mirror-like shine, crazy prints and bedazzling. As a life-long fan of acrylic nails with cheesy airbrushing, jewels, charms, you-name-it, I was really excited to check out this new "Minx Manicure". I got a Lifebooker Loot discount certificate for this service assuming that the full price would be far too expensive. Turns out that full price  for a Minx Pedicure is only $50, which if you are used to acrylic and/or NYC prices, is affordable. They last TWICE as long as a normal pedicure so it evens out price wise. 

Out of the over 200 patterns/flags to choose from, I went with the mirror-gold cheetah print like the one above. It was a surprisingly simple process. They warm up the Minx nail decals under a light, stretch it over my nail and then cut it to fit. It doesn't peel, crack or smudge. No drying necessary. 
The only thing I was disappointed with is the fact that I couldn't get Minx on my hands. Minx is only for natural nails and I have acrylics. 
Get yours now. Find a salon that carries Minx here.


JJ Eyelash Extensions - Buy your Bedroom eyes here.
I thought that these mascara ad-like lashes are too good to be true. I was also worried about the concept of glue so close to my eyes. I have to say though these are worth every penny. I may be addicted to this now. For $75, you get a full set of natural-looking individual lashes applied available in a variety of lengths and 2 curl styles. I chose the C-curve pictured here but in a slightly shorter length because I thought the J-curve would be too straight. They cloth tape your bottom lashes down so they don't get stuck which is sort of annoying but glue never touches your skin, there is no odor and nothing uncomfortable. 
I love them!!
 They are so perfect and naturally sexy. Everyone noticed that something about my eyes looked great but no one thought I was wearing fake lashes. 
These last 2 weeks until you need to go back to get a refill which is only around $45. 

Celebrity tricks at affordable prices! Now you can look even more like a rock star than you already do. So Foxy!!! 
xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment